|What is skin cancer symptom?|
The most common warning sign of skin cancer is a change color of skin. This is because cancer that growing in the skin and it will appear in many ways depends on the types of skin cancer. Below is the symptom depending on the types of skin cancer includes Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Melanoma.
Symptom for Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC)
This is the common type of skin cancer and it will appear on skin that gets lot of sun. Usually BCC grows slowly and it may look like a:
- Flesh-colored (pink , red or brown) pearl-shaped lump
- Reddish patch of dry skin that won’t heal
- Pimple that just won’t clear
- Skin sore that bleeds, heals and then return
- Scar that feels waxy which the skin color may be white or yellow.
- Flat or sunken growth that feels hard may be white or yellow.
Symptom for Squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
These types of skin cancer often appears on skin that got lots of sun such as ear, face, bald scalp, neck or arm. Other than that, it also can appear in the mouth, lips or genitals. SCC can appear on skin that was badly burned, had lots of radiation or was exposed to strong chemical. The symptom of SCC is look like:
- Open sore that itches and bleeds which it can heal and return.
- Hard (scalty or crusty) reddish bump, patch, or pearl-shaped growth
- Scaly patch on the lip which skin on the lip can get thick.
Symptom for Melanoma
Melanoma often appears in a existing mole or look like a new mole. If treated early, melanoma is often curable. Symptom of melanoma includes:
- Growing mole in the skin, changing shape, or changing color.
- Mole that looks scaly, oozes or bleeds
- New dark spot on the skin that looks like a mole, but grows quickly
- Streak usually brown or black underneath a fingernail or toenail.
- Bruise on the foot that does not heal
- Pain, itch, or bleeding in a new spot on the skin.